Safety Lesson

This morning while working in my office, Bennett decided he wanted to play Hide and Seek. He was just in the other room (our apartment is about 1100 sq feet) so I let him go off and try to hide. When I got up to look for him, I could hear giggling. Except instead of finding him under the table or under a blanket, I noticed that the refrigerator door was slightly open. I ran to the door and opened it and sure enough he was standing IN the fridge. I was all at once horrified and scared and angry and mystified that he could get inside the fridge that I started to cry and yell at the same time. I don't think Bennett will ever do that again after seeing me in hysterics. To think that he could just climb into a refrigerator is so scary and I have made a note to buy a safety lock by the end of the day. While I'm at it, I'm going to get one for the oven door too.

I should have kid-proofed this place the minute we moved in.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosemary said...

OMG - I remember watching a movie about this sort of situation in a high school health class. Mostly it was about inoperable refrigerators. WOW shocking.